Tuesday, July 5, 2011

University : Part 1

Hey there people~ well, the title does say 'University : Part 1''. Most of you may be thinking this is a post about my first experience in university life. Sorry to disappoint you guys. This post is about my preparation for my uni life. The reason for Part 1 is simply because, intentionally, i wanted to make this post together with pictures. Buuuuut, the pictures are going to be delayed. So yea, i'll get to the pictures in Part 2.

Alrite, getting to the story. Just like every other form 6 leavers, i too am waiting for my UPU result. but, here's the catch. my result... ain't good enough for the course my parents want me to apply, Medicine. So, my dad made his plans to send me to Indonesia for my medicine degree. Now, i applied for Universitas Padjajaran. In order to get selected into that uni, i had to go for an entrance exam and an oral interview.

On 11th June, the agent organised classes to prepare all applicant for their entrance exam. there were about 53 of us, broken into two classes, Class A and Class B. without the need to say, Class B obviously was the better class. Not to mention the fact that i was in Class B as well. :p Anyways, first half-day was pretty boring. i was practically sitting all by myself. why ?? because i dont know anyone there. well, there was this one guy who knew me, but i wasn't really keen on sticking close to him. most of reader are now wondering why i mentioned ''half-day''. the reason, i made friends during lunch ! And not to mention this girl *ehem ehem* is pretty. don't think too much people. I'm not gona break me 20 year single streak just yet. maybe after i graduate. but that's a topic for another day~

So, from day 2 onwards, i had 2 friends to study together with. its pretty ironic that the 2 of them have opposite personalities. one is super calm, and the other is a worries too much~ anyways, the 3 of us amazingly did click very well and yea, we're kinda like besties now. hahahaha~ oh yea, i guess i didn't mention. classes were held from 11th-17th June from 8am-6pm. i know, Killer Classes. Names of my besties, Karen Low and Allison. (Allison. if you're reading this, please note i DID NOT make a spelling error for your name). despite the looooong hours of class, it was really fun. the lecturers were great and extremely sporting.
time for a little fussing. the exam had PHYSICS, which i dropped 2 years ago. which meant, i was totally blurr during physics class. another fuss, they're electron arrangement is a little weird. third fuss, calculator is NOT allowed. fourth fuss, periodic table not provided during exam. fifth fuss, no formula sheet or data booklet. these were some of the "great'' rules which made me soooo excited for the entrance exam.

entrance exam was on the 19th. which means one free day on 18th to rest. but considering the extra good rules set by the Indonesian exam board, i planned to study. Awesomely, Karen wanted to study as well. and we both ended up revising from 9am-5pm at McD, The Mall (sumwhr near PWTC).

19th arrived, exam day~ 100 objective questions, 2.5 hours, no calculator. i prayed extra hard to god. there's was another ''good news''. out of the 200 applicants for medicine, only 80 will be selected. wat a bummer ! well, everything ended on 19th and all was done. all that was left was to wait for the results.

on 25th June, i received a phone call from Karen saying she passed. for the first 2 minutes, i was happy for her. but aftr that, reality kicked and bit me in the ass. her exam number was waaaay later than mine. so, why the hell did she get the call while i did not. did i fail ?? now that was a living nightmare. i cudn't take it. i turned on my pc, logged into the exam system, key-ed in my exam number. waiting... waiting... and yes !! I PASSED AS WELL !! isnt that awesome news. i'm the top 80 out of 200. one hour later, the agent calls and says i passed. how ''efficient''.

well, that's all for now, this is by far my longest post. next up, GOTCHA CALL post !! XD

No comments: